Sunday, December 03, 2006

Bristol & Bath trip

Last Friday, I went to Bristol right after lecture with Aida, Yat, Lion & DRog. We arrived in Bristol around 7pm and were greeted by one of Anis's housemates. She showed us to Anis's room where we settled down while waiting for Anis to come back from the hospital she was working at. When we entered, we were really amazed by the decoration in the room. The walls were full of nicely chosen postcards and posters. Anis even prepared juice and mugs for us as well as a box of donuts. How very sweet of her... When she came back that night, we had ayam masak merah for dinner, which she had prepared earlier. Delicious ;) After dinner, we were considering what to do... Ice-skating or movie... Since we believed the ice-skating ring's full (it's Friday night and there was a long queue outside the place), we decided to catch a movie instead. Hence, we took a cab to Showcase Cinema to watch... The Prestige! It was a real grand movie, story line requires deep thinking and definitely recommended to all. ;) After movie, we were all very tired and straight away went to sleep in our cozy sleeping bags.
We woke up considerably early the next day since we want to maximize our time in Bath. Before we boarded the bus, we had the opportunity to take some pictures in Bristol. There was this one fountain, which was full of bubbles. I was so excited taking pictures and playing with it, it made me feel rather childish but what the heck. I was there to have fun! Our bus ride to Bath didn't take that long but I managed to fall asleep 3 times before we reached there. Blame the lack of sleep since I need a minimum of 8 hours each day =p hehe. Being typical tourists, with Anis as our tourist guide, we went around Bath and took pictures along the way. The Bridge, the river, the Cresent something (sorry Anis, I can't remember the exact name), bought some wooden roses in town and then, we started to get hungry. Tracing our way back, we went to a small shop we found earlier, The Roman Cafe. All of us except Drog ordered a small set of fish and chips. Thinking small won't be enough, some of us ordered a side order. But when the food arrives, the small portion was really big that even I can't finish my food. However, the food was really good and so was the service. Do check that cafe out whenever you are in Bath.
After lunch, Anis, Drog and Lion went back to Bristol. Aida, Yat & I went to the Roman Bath. We had a good look around and ended our tour with a free drink of Spa water. The smell of that water was disgusting but it didn't taste that bad. Rushing for time, we prayed in a fitting room at one of those shops in town. Aida and I bought a pair toe socks and gloves each. Cute! hehe. After that, I shared with Yat a caramel apple. My God! The place is a chocolate heaven for chocolate addicts like me. The apple was really2 gooddd... hehe. There was nothing spectacular about our ride back to Bristol. However, we missed our stop and the bus's next stop would be the bus station. Hence, the 3 of us got "lost" finding our way back to Anis's place. haha. Not quite actually. Anis gave Aida direction back to her place and we arrived in no time. ;) We had Mi Goreng for dinner and played cards before we retired for the night.
The last morning there, we went for a tour around Bristol. On the way, we met Pimad who was waiting for his bus to go paintballing. Cool stuff. Anis showed us her uni, took us to the suspension bridge, a museum (because Lion needed to go to toilet actually. haha) and the tower where we can see the whole town from up there. Apparently, there have been a number of cases where ppl committed suicide at this bridge so there was this signboard with a number to call in case anyone needed someone to talk to. I agree that it is a good effort to help the troubled but I do find it very amusing. Check out the signboard in the picture. haha. On the way back from the tower, we met this lady with a big fluffy dog. Unfortunately, the dog came near to where we were so all of us were really scared. When the lady saw us, she tried to tell us the dog was harmless. I replied, "we know... but we are just scared". She was so shocked upon hearing the news and asked back. "All of you???" "Yup, all of us..." I replied. Then she said..."Why? It is just irrational" Well, we know but we are just scared. Byeee!!!. Haha. That was really funny. I mean, seriously. I know the dog won't harm me but I can't help feeling scared. I don't know where that came from actually. I've never been bitten or chased by a dog before (Thank God) but I am really2 scared of dogs. heh. After the trip, we went back to Anis place, took our things and boarded our bus back to London at 12. It was a real fun trip. Thanx to our host Anis, who was really accommodating during the whole trip. We had a wonderful time. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had fun too having u guys around! thanks for coming n sorry buli u guys naik tower! ;)

Farah Haida said...

hehe. cooolll... and no sweat at all naik tower. best dpt tgk town from that view... lain kali jom kite gi tmpt lain plak jln2 together ;)