Monday, August 01, 2005

Road Trip

It's hard to plan this trip because Hazmi's still having his lectures and classes while Azmir's working. So we tried hard to squeeze everything in one weekend. The initial plan was to go to Pulau Kapas but since it's quite far, we settled for Pulau Pangkor instead.

29th July 2005
While Mimi & I just waited patiently at our respective homes, Hazmi's rushing all the way from Melaka after Friday prayer & Azmir tried to come back as soon as he could from work. Hazmi reached my house @ nearly 5pm and we reached Mimi's house around 7.30pm. Since we couldn't catch the last boat to Pangkor, Hazmi's dad suggested that we stayed in Cameron Highland that night instead of staying in Lumut. Unfortunately, Mimi's mum was very worried to let us drive up to Cameron that night because it's getting dark. I don't blame her, I would be too if I, myself, am a mother. But every1 of us tried as best as we could to catch the sunlight, it was just not our luck. So we tried very hard to convince her mother that everything would be alright. After promosing to drive slowly up the hill and to call as freqently as possible, she let us go. After a long winding road up, we filled our empty stomach at Tanah Rata and arrived at Casa de la Rosa at approximately 11pm.


30th July 2005What a fresh morning. Wake up for breakfast. When to Cactus Park, Strawberry Park, had Strawberry juice, and went to a market. Lucky us, we found buah pulasan. Azmir and I shared the cost to buy it for Mimi & Hazmi coz both of them never ate pulasan b4. Met Hazmi's parents there. Then, we went back to the hotel to check out and had lunch together in Tapah.
After that, we set off to Pangkor. I was happily singing until Hazmi decided to change the CD to oldies songs. When I really couldn't stand it anymore after a few rounds, I wanted to borrow Mimi's ipod. Realising I was bored, they changed the radio to hitz. Owh, well. How pampered I was. We managed to board the 5.45pm boat and checked in at Pangkor Coral Bay Resort. Had seafood dinner at Teluk Nipah, where Hazmi could watch his AF3 on Astro Ria. Subsequently, we had our sparkling grape juice again at the beach b4 we went to bed.
31st July 2005Happy Birthday, Baby! Well, NOT ME. MY Baby, Hazmi! haha. Don't get confused :p Anyway, after breakfast, all 4 of us went to the beach. Wanted to go for snokelling and boat ride. Took a boat to a place full of ppl so the 'driver' left us at a small island instead. Promised to come back after only half an hour, he only came back after an hour. So there goes our boat ride coz we had to go back immediately to check out. Damn u ppl. Ops... Excuse the language. Nothing much happened in Pangkor. We checked out and started our journey home.
On the way back, we stopped for lunch at UTP. That was the 1st time for all 4 of us to arrive in UTP. Aliy became our tourist guide. The group was joined by Azmir's friend, Faezah. Azmir took over the wheel after that. So Hazmi and I had our rest. Nearing Sg Buloh, we took another detour, to KMYS and to Pn Nor Ain's house, Azmir's and my accounts teacher.
After dropping off Mimi & Azmir, Hazmi and I continued our journey to Mid Valley and bought Stealth midnight tickets. Impressive, I would say, because I was really tired and sleepy but managed to stay awake until the end of the show.

3 comments:

Amethyste said...

That was one fun and interesting road trip i must say ;) Byk gile tmpt kitorg singgah! haha
Nx time if we hv the time we shud go again! :)

Anonymous said...

"nothing much happened in pangkor" eh?? padahal tu laa destinasi utama warghahaha :P

Farah Haida said...

haha. yup2. should go again. doesn't matter the main destination or not. we DiD cover quite a number of places. next stop, Genting? hehe