I woke up around 6.30 that Monday morning. Was expecting heavy Monday traffic of people going to work but surprisingly the traffic was quite clear. Went to buy a few packs of nasi lemak for people at my dad's house. Arrived at my dad's place around 8am and saw quite a number of familiar faces around, mainly my cousins all the way from Perlis and Penang. Gave my stepmom a bit of money for the burial expenses. Recited Yasin a few more rounds before the van jenazah arrived around 9am. My dad was taken for his last shower and prayer at Masjid Al-Mujahiddeen Damansara Utama, near the roundabout behind uptown. Hubby looked somewhat lost but I shoved him into the room to mandikan my dad for the last time. We went in when he was about to be tied up. Both my parents-in-law came to the mosque so they helped to hold Tricia while everything was going on. Performed prayer at the mosque and then off we went to the cemetery.
The cemetery was quite far, all the way at the end of Kota Damansara. Hubby and I nearly got lost going there. But we made it in time for the burial and recital of talkin. Tricia was tired for waking up so early that she slept in the car through the whole process. Hubby had to wait in the car with her. Everything went so smoothly. The weather was a bright sunny day. It was just a beautiful day. After everyone went back, my stepmom and half-siblings stayed back to recite another round of Yasin. She just wanted to accompany him awhile more. As much as I disliked her, I can feel her pain of losing her husband. It must be very hard to accept and surely a very painful experience. This is my dad's lot number. I'll put it here so that I will never forget.
I settled the payment for the penggali kubur but my stepmom had to add on for my dad's grave. I was not sure who and when to pay that day, that I missed the uztaz. Was told that everything was covered by Khairat Kematian at the mosque but family normally gave some token anyway so I want to give that token to those people who helped. So hubby and I went back to the mosque to settle those payments and arrange for tahlil that night and the night after. We ended up paying the tukang mandi jenazah because hubby mistakenly thought he was the uztaz and then went back to leave another packet for the uztaz who helped managed the whole burial process.
That night, hubby had to settle a few more things but he helped took care of Tricia while I went for the tahlil. Mighty did me a HUGE favor by ordering food and delivering them for the tahlil that night. I ordered the food because I was not sure whether my stepmom had ordered it or not since she didn't reply my message. Was initially quite frustrated to see there were so many food available but family and friends comforted me saying that better more than not enough. Mighty again became my hero and helped to distribute the excess food to other mosque. So everything did go well.
I was late for the second night of tahlil. I cried and cried in the car as I was too frustrated with myself. Nearly gave up and thought of just reciting Yasin from elsewhere but somehow I managed to pull-through. Arrived just in time for Doa. Missed the Yasin altogether so I read on my own after that. Tricia was with me the second night and she was an angel. Hubby arrived slightly later when I was performing Isya' prayer. And my mom was also waiting outside the mosque. We went for dinner nearby and went back later to get our cars. Surprisingly, my stepmom and half-sister were still there. I went on to asked for a copy of my dad's death certificate. She told me it was not ready yet and asked why I was late. I didn't realize she noticed me when I walked in because as usual, I simply just sat there alone, not looking left and right for people I know. I told her I got stucked in the jam and would try to be early for the next one, which is later today.
Looking at her, words suddenly jumped out of my mouth. I asked her how she was. She said it was tough. It was very tough. She said since she worked from home, they always did things together. My father liked to eat so they always went places to eat. My siblings were very affected because they were very close to my dad... because my dad always treated them like friends. And then she said, to tell you the truth, he never performed solat before (which I knew) but she told him, "if you want me to change, you have to change yourself first" and for the past 2 years, he never missed a prayer anymore. Not only that, he always waited for prayer time before going out. MasyaAllah. I never knew he had changed. No wonder the whole burial process was so smooth. No wonder he looked so much at peace. He was definitely ready in the true sense. My heart lifted when I heard about it and Alhamdulillah, I could not have been happier. It was just the right way to go. I hope, when my time comes, I could be as ready as he was. Tears swelled in my eyes. I thanked my stepmom and made my move home.
For the memory, this is the last picture I have of my late father when he was alive. This picture was taken just a month ago when we brought Tricia to see him. I miss you already, pa. I truly hope your soul are blessed in the afterlife. I love you... and I hope you knew.


No comments:
Post a Comment