Hi all. It's lunch time and I am reporting from my new department. Supposed to be studying but my studies is not progressing anywhere. =_= Why do I keep wasting my money enrolling for exams when I don't even put enough effort to pass it... Anyway, our team consists of 4 people including my boss. I am the odd one out in many ways:
1) I am the only Malay here.
2) I am the only one married.
3) Consequently, I am the only one with a child.
I used to wonder how my former boss in CIMB-Principal survived being the only Malay in the office. Now that I am experiencing it myself, it is actually not bad at all, as long as you can get along with your teammates, your racial background does not really matter anymore. Sorry if anyone finds this statement racist. I have no racial issue. It is just that... I used to think I would only feel comfortable if I have at least someone with the same background around with me... a mixture instead of being the only one singled out. But I am happy to report, so far I don't quite feel out of place (except when they buy cakes containing alcohol or go out to non-halal place for lunch =p Haha. Okay. Not that often.)
On the 2nd and 3rd category, I am hoping and praying that my boss will get married and have a baby soon. Wakakaka. Okay. Maybe not so soon but at least in 2-3 years time? Motive? So that she would be more understanding when it comes to family issue. Not that she's not understanding now but I also don't have a pressing need to be at home YET. I hope, when the time comes, when I need to be with my baby, she would understand what it feels like. Hehe. After all, she IS 2 years older than me. =p
No comments:
Post a Comment