Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ramadhan During Pregnancy and Twin Girls Birth!

Okay. Where do I start? Maybe I shall go backwards, most recent events first. Today is 11th Ramadhan. Thankfully... so far my baby and I have been fasting without fail. Yeay! Alhamdulillah. Dr Siti said I should have no problem fasting but try to sahur as late as possible, which is exactly what we've been doing at the moment. I have been waking up around 4.30am, cook fried rice, wake hubby up and go back to sleep for about 15mins. My worry is that if one day we overslept, should I still continue fasting? Let's hope Allah gives us opportunity to fast for the whole month this year. Ameen.

Terawih wise I have not been successful. Mainly because I usually get very tired by the end of the day and go to sleep around 8.30-9pm like that. Perform Isya' prayer only when I wake up for sahur. Secondly, as my belly gets bigger and my feet sometimes swells up, it is harder for me to pray especially for an extended period of time. Even performing the daily prayers is a bit of a task now but I should not make that an excuse. Should try to squeeze in a few days at least.

Last Monday 08/08/11 at 10.10pm, Bang Own and Kak Zizah's twin girls were safely born into this world via C-section operation. The mother was fully awake during surgery and was only given epidural for the pain. While Bang Own was in the labour room with Kak Zizah, I waited with Nyah, Bang Amir and Bang Sham at Haslam, sipping a cup of teh tarik. Mummy arrived just on time to see the babies. We are estatic to welcome both of you into the family, Qistina and Qaisarah!

No comments: