Tuesday, July 12, 2011

3rd and 4th check up

3rd check up was a success. It fell on my mom's birthday. Hubby and I arrived around 7.05am and managed to get number 7 from reception and was 4th in line for Dr Siti. Yeay! Had early breakfast where I had coconut water, which made me frequent the toilet like every 10 minutes. The baby was downward-facing that time and when asked whether we could know the gender already, Dr said it's too early for that =( Anyway, Dr Siti put the radio on so that we could hear the baby's heartbeat. Hehe. Hi baby. Funny thing after the check-up though, I rushed to the toilet immediately. Only after I was done was I told that my blood test came with urine test. =_= By that time, after 5 toilet trips, my bladder was, as you can guess, empty. Hubby had to go downstairs and bought mineral water for me before I could successfully filled my cup. LOL.


16 weeks


After a successful race for our 3rd check up, we were late for our 4th one. Thanks to Ahmad, hubby's friend, who managed to keep us up outside from 12-4am the night before, by telling us his tales of a broken engagement. Arrived slightly after 7.30am, got number 30+ which we thought was not too bad but only to be told that we were no 19 on queue to see Dr Siti. Sigh. Lucky none of us was in a rush so we just hang out, had breakfast, visited Cyan, who was admitted there at the time and came back for the check up just ard 12pm. Just after mummy had a short conversation with Dr Siti, she was called to the labour room pulak! Haish. Byk betul dugaan. When she came back about half an hour later, she informed us that the blood/urine test was good. Baby has a low chance of down-syndrome, which is a good news, hopefully... amin. And then the Dr asked, "Do you want to know the gender?". I immediately shouted, YES!


Mind you, both of us were very sleepy that day since we didn't have enough sleep. All this while I was so damn confident it is going to be a boy. So you can imagine when the Dr announced that "It's a girl", we were both very shocked and very HAPPY! Not that we won't be happy if it is a boy. Just a little more excited to have a girl. That's all... =p Hehe. I asked the Dr whether she was sure it's a girl or she just made that deduction since she couldn't see a boy's balls. She taught me to see the private part. In her word, "when you see 3 lines, like a hamburger, then it's a girl" So here's her picture on her 20 weeks check up. Too big to fit into one ultrasound picture already. Can't wait to meet you, sweetheart. ^_^


20 weeks

No comments: