Monday, April 18, 2011

1st and 2nd check up

I've been wanting to blog about this earlier but since my colleague got seconded to CIMB Thai for a month, I've been slightly busier than usual. So let's make this short. A lot of people have been telling me how lucky I am to get an "easy" pregnancy. Alhamdulillah. =) Apart from being a little tired and bloated than before, nothing much changed. So far no sign of morning sickness yet and I am already stepping into my second trimester this week. Let's hope I could skip that altogether throughout my pregnancy.
Let's rewind the story a bit. When I found out I was pregnant, I still had some cramps at my lower abdomen area, something like period cramps. Being new to all this pregnancy thing, I was a bit worried and insisted to go see a gynae. Mom suggested me to go to a normal GP but I refused. I have no personal favourite at that moment so mummy suggested I go see her ex-classmate, Dato' Dr Siti at Sime Darby Medical Centre. Apparently she's really good and famous that even if you are a little late in the morning, your appointment could be pushed to after lunch.
I immediately took a day off from work the next week, the earliest I could afford as I was relieving someone else that time. Mom told me that gynaes don't usually see their patients until at least they are 6 weeks into their pregnancy. Tracing back to my last mentrual date, I was excited to know that I would already be 6 weeks for my first check-up, meaning I could already see the baby's heart beat.
If you could see in the pic below, the tiny dot was the baby's heart beat at 6 weeks. It was flickering when the pic was taken. And the line across it was drawn by Dr Siti to measure the amniotic bag. The baby was merely 3.1mm at the time.


6 weeks


Second check up was quite dramatic. We arrived at 7.50am and only managed to get number 60+. The counter was not even opened yet! We were number 23 in line for Dr Siti and were told to come back after lunch. Both mummy and hubby were busy with work so I insisted to go alone so that I would have a little peace of mind not having to rush here and there. Abang was very sweet to come along for this check up.
And this is the baby's pic at 10weeks. It was nearly 10times bigger than before at 29mm. My next check up would be on my mom's birthday, 28 May 2011. Stay tuned!



10 weeks

No comments: