Sunday, April 09, 2006

Alton Towers at last

After hundreds of times postponing the trip, we made it to Alton Towers at last. Thursday morning, we (Yat, Lion, Arfah & I) boarded the virgin train to Stoke-On-Trent for a
whole day fun in Alton Towers. We were supposed to arrive in Alton Towers at 10.40am but due to the bus delay, we arrived quite some time after 11. Well, to maximize our now-even-shorter time, we didn't waste any time and headed straight away for our 1st ride: the congo river rapids. This ride is classified as one of the the absolutely splashing rides and we did get wet a little. Not much. But since it was a cold day (and I'm saying this as the person who wore the thickest jacket) we decided not to go on any more absolutely splashing rides. So we went "hunting" for the "adrenalin-busters" rides only. The 2nd ride: Runaway Mine Train was quite ok but the next ride one was really interesting. It's the Nemesis. The concept is kinda like any other roller coster except that the seats are not enclosed... i mean, there's no platform to put your feet on... so u could see what's under you. There was even a lake of red water as u could see in the picture. This "waterfall" leads to the very big-red-lake. U definitely do not want your shoes to fall into that or else u'll get a free dye and never get it back. :p Here's a picture of Nemesis for your viewing. hehe.
Then, we went onto Air, a Superman-ride-like roller coaster, before we proceded to Ug Land. In Ug Land, we queued for Rita, the Queen of Speed. At the board, it said the waiting time was 40 minutes. But we waited waaaayyyy wayyyyy longer than that. Why? While we were queueing, there was a technical problem with this "Miss Rita". Since we had been queueing for more than half an hour already, might as well continue waiting. Thanx to the technical team, the problem was fixed at last so the queue continued moving. When we were in the queue, I kept asking why Rita gets the 1st place in the rides-rank. It definitely looks like a normal roller coaster to me. Maybe I hadn't been on it yet to judge it so Lion suggested I should try re-evaluate it after we've been on the ride. When we were all buckled up, Yat and I were wondering where should we hold on to. The green light suddenly flashed on and swwooooshh, we went. Omigod. We were really taken off-guard. 100km/s in 2 seconds... that was amazing man. And the 'control-tower' referred to us, the passengers, as drivers. haha. Coollll, so that's what F1 drivers feel when driving. That was really2 cooll and Rita does deserve the 1st place after all ;) After that, we went on Corkscrew, which we queued for less than 10 minutes, unlike the more than an hour queue (plus repairing waiting time) for Rita. By then, I was really hungry and cold and tired. But we had to hold on 1st for we cannot eat b4 our most-awaited ride, the Oblivion. Honestly, I was a bit afraid looking at it from below. Before we came here, I made a promise to Yat to seat in the front row. When Yat almost backed out from that promise, I wanted to backed out too. But then Arfah convinced us to take the front row again and we agreed. However, it is just not our luck to seat in the front row coz when we queued, we were placed in the 2nd row. Which I think doesn't make that much difference when I was on the ride coz I was more afraid to fall than thinking whether i'm in the front seat or not. But the ride went so fast, that I was like... "what? that's it? Laa, it was alrite then." WE SURVIVED OBLIVION. Haha. We had our long-overdue lunch right after that. Found a fish-and-chips shop around and just sat there enjoying the food and the warm atmosphere. We could try to go on 1 last ride before they're all closed but we were all too tired to make any attempt. It was a really fun though... Thanx a lot, u guys. Loving the adrenalin rush moments. =D

5 comments:

mr dx said...

there's actually a halal shop at alton towers - we went with our seniors and one of em told us about it..but i actly forgot where it was. hmm..probably i could find it if i go there again!anyways u guys did have fun i suppose ;)

Farah Haida said...

yeah, we found one somewhere along the way but amatlah malas nak patah balik semate2 nak carik the halal shop. mase tuh dah gile penat and lapar and sejuk. that fish-n-chips shop is good enough. Thanx anyway. hehe

irizis said...

Best best :D

Edward Ott said...

that was a bit of great writing you take a simple trip to an amusement park and make it sound like a grand adventure. bravo. keep on blogging.

Salam

Farah Haida said...

yup2 irna. Mmg best. hehe. Owh... thanx edward ;)