Sunday, July 10, 2005

Meet The Parents

The Magical 9th of July 2005

Once, i teased my bf for bringing his friend home but i never went there. To my surprise, he actually considered that matter and said that he's going to have a birthday party at his house and invited me to come. I was excited but nervous at the same time. Meeting his parents and family would definitely bring our relationship a step forward to a new level. He had met both my parents but long time ago, he told me that he would only bring me to meet his parents when our relationship is really serious. So when he finally ask me to come, i was panic. Haha. Don't get me wrong. It's not because i think we are not that serious yet. I was panic because i really want them to accept me. I had no problems with my friends' parents before, it is just that this time, Hazmi is not just a friend.

My best friend friend, Nadia, accompanied me there. She actually had to take time off work for me. But i really need her moral support for this occasion. Lucky me it is just a birthday party, not a formal dinner thingy that can make me really uncomfortable. Nadia and I arrived at Nilai komuter station around 8.00pm. Hazmi picked us up b4 we went for Maghrib prayers @ a mosque nearby. Then, when we arrived at his house, we stayed in the car for awhile. My bf asked, "So r u ready? This is a point of no return." I answered, "Well, i don't plan on returning but i'm afraid whether they'll accept me or not." After taking a really deep breathe, we went in.

I was greeted by his elder sister, Kak Ina, immediately. I never met her b4 but she made me feel really welcomed. The birthday party was actually for her and my bf. Hers in June, and my bf's in July. Then i saw his younger sister, Abby, who i'm more familiar with, and waved to her as well. Once inside, i went to meet his mom immediately. Hehe. She's really nice and warm. I'm so happy to meet her at last. After handing her "house-warming" gift, she invited us to eat. Me and Nadia took our pieces of cake and took our seat outside the house since it was a garden party. After a few minutes, i was really uncomfortable, then i told my bf, i wanna go inside. We took a seat in the living room. Later, Abby and friends joined us there. Saw and meet some of his relatives. Watch AF with the crowd. Talk to his cousin, Dilla. Said hi to his friends from Melaka, Chemax, Bazel and Badi. Well, it was a great night. Although Hazmi was kinda bz attending to guests' needs, he was with me most of the time.



i)Me & Nadia ii)Abby with her friends


Then, b4 we went back, it was time to meet his father. I was really2 nervous. God, please let help me. Please let him accept me. To my surprise, he came to me with a smile on his face. My "nervousness" melted down instantly. He even shook my hand. Then he said "Heard a lot bout u but i never met u". Still in shock, i answered "Well, here i am" That's the only words i can think of. My mind was kinda numb that time. Haha. The very talkative Farah Haida was lost for words. Well, i remember answering a few questions but i didn't ask any question back. Hmm, maybe i should have to look more friendly. But as far as i can see, everything's alright. And i really hope it IS.

I can't really put it in words how happy i am that i've met his parents at last. And i really thankful that everything went well. Thanx to my sweetheart for his encouragement, Nadia for her support (i owe u a lot, gurl) and most importantly, his parents, sisters and relatives for their warmth and kindness. I felt really welcomed and accepted.

2 comments:

Amethyste said...

Wow....one of ur longest entries hehehe
I am glad to hear that the party went well ;) See i told u it would b okay ehhehe
anatawa sugoi...dakara daijoubu! ;)

Farah Haida said...

Thank you too, Mimi. Anatamo sugoi desu ;) yasashi tomodachi desu. Domo arigato ne...