Saturday, August 31, 2013

Selamat Hari Kemerdekaan, Malaysia!

Selamat pagi semua dan Selamat Hari Kemerdekaan Malaysia. Travelling around the world makes me appreciate the fact that I am truly blessed to be born and raised here. I love the peace and harmony so let us cherish and nurture it.
Today's post will be about my family. I know I still have a lot of backlog to catch up but I think it is important that I capture this emotion right now. I want to express my deepest gratitude to my in-laws. Without them, Batrisyia's upbringing would not be the same. She is now a very happy, comfortable little girl, despite being a very demanding, hard-headed one. 
Months before she was born, there was news that my office would be moving to a new building and there would be a nursery there. Not wanting to burden my in-laws, who already had 4 grandchildren that time, I looked forward to the move and bringing my baby to work with me. The only set-back I worry about is the closing time of the nursery which is supposed to be 6pm. With my working hours, it is just impossible for me to leave the office on time. But the move got constantly postponed so we had no better choice but to leave Batrisyia with my in-laws. However, today I believe that this is God's better plan for us.
Currently, Batrisyia's most favourite persons are: 1) Atok (Her grandfather) 2) Papa (Her own father) 3) Daddy (Her eldest uncle). All of them triumph over me. Am I jealous? Not really. Here is why. I know my working hours is longer than most people. Factoring in commuting time, I only have a few hours a day to spend with her. So most of the time, she spends it with her other family members. And these few favourite people must have treated her with love and attention that resulted in her loving them so much. So while I am away, she must have been loved. So what do I have to complain about?
When I come back late, her aunties and uncles at home will take her out, buy stuff or toys for her and treat her like their own. She has many sets of parents and she doesn't mind it, as long as she is having fun. Seeing her growing up with her cousins in a positive family environment makes me happy. She thrives, she grows, she learns. She is getting bigger and wiser day-by-day.
Plus, at the end of the day, I will always come back to her. She will always go to sleep with me by her side. She knows my love for her is unconditional that she can always come back running to me and I will forgive her instantly. She knows when she needed someone to comfort her, I will be there for her so that for me is enough. I am fine not being her Most Favourite Person as long as she knows how much I love her.
To my most special family, I am very very blessed to have found you. You guys are God's gift to me. Not just my one and only husband, but the whole family. I love you guys to bits. 

2 comments:

hudahalim said...

terus cari tisu lepas baca....sobsss.....hahahaa

irizis said...

awwww