Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Salam Ramadhan

It has been more than a month since I last blogged. Guess I was too busy catching up with life after a crazy first half of the year. Resting, planning on renovation and vacations, reading: done reading The Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire and now on to the next one Mockingjay, attended training courses for my CPE points, completed 3 photobooks and spending time with family and friends. Managed to squeezed in a one-night getaway last weekend at Legend, Cherating with hubby and Tricia but that should have a separate entry on its own. Don't know whether I would really do it or not, though. Maybe I will since I have more time on my hands now that it is Ramadhan.
A lot of things I should have recorded on this blog especially on Batrisyia's progress but I've been too busy enjoying it in the moment that I forgot what to type about. She can say more words now. Although she has yet to string a sentence, she can say what's on her mind with her limited but expanding vocabulary. Sakit, panas, taknak, bye, mmmuahhh, flying kiss, basuh, yak, okay.
Recently she kept complaining that her private part being "sakit". She used the word sakit for both pain and itchiness. Either way, my mom and I got worried when she complained her private part is in pain. Checked her pampers and we couldn't see anything noticeable. So I concluded it might be itchy. I remember when I was 4 or so, I had to see a Dr for pain in the same area because I didn't wash up properly after I peed. Mom advised me to wash with salt water believing it to be able to kill bacteria. After we dried her up, we could see the "lips"gone red. *Panicked* I believe it was the pampers that cause it... for not changing up often enough. I must admit we took for granted the fact that her skin is stronger and not too sensitive now that we don't change her pampers unless it is really full or bathtime. And she seems to understand that the pampers is the cause for her pain because whenever we forgot to change her pampers after 4 hours or before she goes to bed, she will remind us. (I promised her 4 hours but it was damn amazing that she understood what I said and tell time! Well, it surely must be coincidence but still amazing =p)
She had broken the record by talking on the phone for the first time last month. Normally when my FIL called me to talk to her, she would only listen but would not say a word. But last month she did. And has been able to talk on the phone with people ever since. Once, she was crying because she didn't want to go to sleep yet and I was so tired. I dialled her father on the phone and she cried to her papa until papa had to tell her that he was on the way home to her as fast as he could.
Ramadhan starts today. I had to pick up Tricia from Nilai yesterday so thought I will have to terawikh alone at home. However, hubby agreed to be my imam for Isya' and terawikh prayers last night although we only started praying around 1am. Happy. Hehe. Tricia was left to play alone while we performed our prayers. Sahur today was rice, fried omelette (forgot to put in onions although I have cut them), broccoli and mini corn in oyster sauce and heated up MIL's ikan patin masak tempoyak, which was a failure. The fish was too soft that it breaks and since it was not fresh (heated up from frozen state), it doesn't taste as nice as it was. Hope hubby won't have bad memories of ikan patin masak tempoyak because of that. Thinking what should I cook for sahur tomorrow.
Have a blessed Ramadhan to all muslims out there!

No comments: