I didn't feel like making it a big deal but when I read my past new year's posts, it was actually quite fun to look back. Hubby and I spent our new year's eve at the comfort of our home; playing Wii and watching TV with of course our beloved baby. 2012 has been kind. Here's a summary of the "happenings".
Work
I've been wanting to change my job so bad and I finally got it without having to leave my beloved company. It was a "bonus" to have friends as my teammates, guiding me through the new territory. And not long after I joined, we already got a new junior, which forced me to step up faster. So new year's reso #1: Catch up with work FASTER.
Baby
Batrisyia has been growing up so fast, I wish I could put a brake on it. People are making her a benchmark to track their children's growth and a lot of them got frustrated thinking their children are late bloomers. My advice to all moms out there... don't compare your child's growth to others. As long as you know it is normal, then let them be. Of course all moms want their child to be the best, to have the best... and as long as you are healthy and happy, I am a proud mummy, baby. New year's reso #2: Make time for and spend as much quality time as I can afford with my baby.
Travel
We started 2012 with me still being in confinement. It definitely didn't slow us down though. Went for holidays so many times that I lost count. Only went out of the country once in 2012 sending my brother off to study in Bristol, United Kingdom. Managed to slot in Vatican City, Rome and Capri Island in Italy. Plans for 2013? Still deciding. I'll be going to Singapore in January over the weekend since my mom has to attend a conference there. I'll be bringing Tricia but Hubby doesn't want to go. InsyaAllah going for my brother's graduation in July, which is going to be in fasting month but hubby doesn't want to go too. Thinking of slotting in Paris this time, on mom's request. Maybe going to KK with the Halim's family in June after CFA. New year's reso #3: not about travelling but pass my L2 CFA? Hahahahaha... My never ending story, man...
Money
Oh ya! We bought an apartment in Nilai... Starzvalley, right across Inti University. Still under construction at this very moment. Target completion time is end of this year 2013. So looking forward to that. It is an investment property anyway... so it's not like we are going to move. We have decided to delay our K5 purchase for possibly a year or so. Hubby refused to take our names out of the waiting list to ensure that his dream is still alive? Hehe. Also we max out on our ASB loans. One of the best decisions ever, the ASB loan. Dividend time (new year like now), we get to see our savings grow.
Health
Managed to keep my weight around my pre-pregnancy weight through out the year. Signed up at Fitness First very recently so that I can work out during lunch time. New year's reso #4: maintain a healthy body weight. I can put achieving a certain weight but I think maintaining a healthy weight is more important.
Did I achieve my last year's resolution. Not really but it wasn't that big a target. I wanted to use make up and wear high heels more often. But that's not REALLY what I wanted. I wanted to be confident with myself, my body again after my pregnancy. And happy to say, throughout the year, I don't feel too bad. So yeah, consider it achieved! On to the next missionS.
No comments:
Post a Comment