Friday, January 04, 2013

Father - daughter relationship

Hubby has always been a hands-on dad since the day Tricia was born. But ever since we moved back to Bangi after Tricia's first birthday, their relationship has been closer/tighter. They spend more time together with each other than with me. They woke up late together and went to sleep late together too. Even though I may have verbally said I am jealous of their relationship, deep down I actually LOVE seeing how close they are. It reminds me of the relationship I had with my dad.
More updates on Tricia.
1) She is NOT afraid of the dark.
One night, she was playing with my containers in the kitchen. When we asked her to leave the kitchen, she refused and just stayed where she was. Then we turned off the kitchen light. She didn't move. After that, we turned off the stairs light and the whole house was dark. She still didn't move and kept playing with my containers! Gosh...
2) She LOVES to read.
Hubby told me in the morning, she will just read her book instead of waking her father up immediately. Somehow last night, when I turned off the lights in the living room to sleep, Tricia protested and carried her book to the kitchen (since we left the kitchen's light on) to read! Anak siapa lah nih? =p
3) She bites her straw and definitely not a light sleeper (just like her mummy)
This is self-explanatory. Haha. My hubby and I concluded that Tricia has his physical attributes (except for the eyes) and my characters. She has always been a deep sleeper. She sleeps through the night since she was 1 month old. I can change her diapers without waking her up when she doesn't want too. And she conquers the whole area when she sleeps. Whoever is in her way will get kicked.
4) Tricia can salam already.
Only last week hubby made this comment to someone. "Belum boleh salam. Tapi boleh hi-5". When I came home from work yesterday to pick her up, bibik Mar told her to salam me, which she did! Wow! You learn so fast, sayang.

No comments: