Friday, December 16, 2011

Period post-pregnancy

A lot of things I didn't blog about post-pregnancy. Mainly because I didn't have internet connection and secondly because some things look a bit too personal to be posted online. Things that I should have so that I can later compare with my next pregnancy/child birth experience. I suddenly remembered one important detail that I need to jot down. My period. Since I couldn't directly breastfeed my baby, I pumped. Even then, my milk production stopped when Tricia was about 1 month old. I was supposed to go for my post-natal check up 6 weeks/42 days after I gave birth. However, I had to reschedule because I got my period a couple of days before that. If I'm not mistaken, at 40 days after pregnancy.
The other thing is darah nifas. I was able to mandi wajib and start praying before my period resumed. So that was around 35 days maybe? Not too sure about the exact date now but I remember it was quite early. Although some people didn't believe me when I said my nifas period was over and my period cycle resumed,  I believe it is what it is. Who is to say my nifas period was too short. I had asked around earlier and it varies from woman to woman and mine was within the normal range. I'm going to back-date this post if I can because today is 26th January 2013.

No comments: