Sunday, September 23, 2007

Berbuke with the girls

It's been awhile since I last met them so when Irna suggested for us to bukak puasa together, I was really happy to meet my old friends although I had to go there wearing my working attire and had to take the CIMB van to go to KL Sentral (which was really packed). Old friends... hmm, I guess we can say that... now that we've known each other for more than 10 whole years.Since it was quite a last minute plan, only 5 of us turned up; Irna, Zue, Asserk, Nanad and Me. We ate at Nando's and stayed there until 10 or so. (To Jimmy and Joe, I would say I was rather satisfied with their food and service, though it was actually a bit slow) Refusing to go back early, we went to Taman Tasik Titiwangsa to hang out for awhile. Took pictures with the Eye On Malaysia and goof around, all the while telling old jokes and stories. What's weird is that, with the exception of Irna, everyone's phone kept on ringing. Parents couldn't stop calling, asking when we would be back, including MY MOM. Owh My. I just said my mum wouldn't be bothered so much what time I come home as long as I tell her my whereabouts. I guess, we should all give them some credits, given the recent incident of Nurin Jazlin Jazimin (an 8-year-old girl who got abducted, raped and killed after going to Pasar Malam alone). Al-Fatihah to her... Not that we are 8 years old anymore, but it Is a dangerous world out there so it's understandable for parents to be worried. As for Irna's parents, it's not like they don't care. Irna's not staying with her parents at the moment since she's renting in Cyber so they didn't know she was out. At mid-night, we called Sarr and Aiya, wishing them happy birthday. Thought of calling Ipok to wish her too but didn't want to disturb the new-mum so we abandoned the nobel thought. Here are some pics from that outing.

Thought we had enough for the night? Totally wrong. Hazmi joined us soon afterwards but unfortunately we had to send Nanad back since she would have an early start the next day. So there we were again... 5 packs. Went to "kedai bubur" for a drink and lepak2. The 3 of them kept on searching for the place's name. For the many times Hazmi & I have been there, I only knew that place as kedai-bubur-yg-ade-swimming-pool-tuh. Now it's The Lodge Poolside (hmm, sounds weird), or something like that. I ordered one bowl of chicken porridge and Hazmi can't take his eye of that bowl. hehe... sorry dear. You were caught on camera.

At about 3am, we went back and the girls went to their respective homes. All in all, I had fun and glad I decided to meet up with these old friends of mine. ;)
A random comment, I miss my tripod. t_t

No comments: