Tuesday, June 14, 2005

What If?

I just finish reading a book titled "What If?", written by Asma Pumpi Moore. It is about her suffering, growing up in a Pakistani Muslim family and being the victim of domestic violence while she was married to an Irish man. Very enlightining and sad. I pity the author. 1stly, for all the pain and sufferings that she had to go through and 2ndly, for all her misunderstandings against Islam. Reading that book makes me comtemplate my own life. Her test of faith is far greater from what i had to go through. Mine is Nothing compared to her experience. After reading it, i realised i have SOooOO Many things to thank God for.
1: I am thankful to be born a Muslim
2: I am thankful to be born a Malaysian
3: I am thankful to be born into my family
4: I am thankful to be given chances & opportunity to do what i want
5: I am thankful to have such an understanding and supportive mum
6: I am thankful to have such a nice, caring boyfriend
7: I am thankful to have such a sweet abg
8: I am thankful to have great friends
And the list is endless.

In the middle of my depression for my failure to perform well in my 1st year. i will now try to accept my fate that i had inflicted onto my life myself. This is my test. It is so minor compared to what other ppl in this world might have to go through. But that does NOT mean i give up. It means whatever the result is, i will fight back if i have the chance to do so and definitely try to do my best. Though i've said that like a thousand times b4 and there was still no difference in my attitude to work harder, i will not give up! Yes, i will have to be resilient.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kate2 yg sungguh bermakna dan mengharukan.isk.tersentuh hati.uhuhu