Of all the things I learn at 30 years old, it shocked me that this is one of them. Eat properly. Yesterday, I spent the whole day alone with the 2 kids. By 9pm, I was already so cranky. I was thinking maybe I'm not built for this. Maybe I'm just a lousy mom, who can't handle taking care of her own kids full day alone. It even crossed my mind that at times like these, I sometimes regretted having 2 children close apart because it is just too much for me to handle them by myself. Little that I know that the solution was so simple.
Last weekend, hubby pointed out that our youngest daughter is exactly like me, even to the point that she is cranky when she is hungry. Well, who isn't, right? But my hubby said I am EXTREMELY cranky when I'm hungry. So last night was just a prove how right he was. My last meal was at 12pm. At 7pm, I was already hungry so I cooked some rice. But busy handling the kids, I put off eating until way after 10pm. And by then, I was as scary as a cookie monster. I even refused to talked to my husband when he called me that night! (which is very rare because I always LOVE talking to my sunshine.) After grumbling to my friends, one of the moms in that group pointed out, never skip your meal as it will make you grumpy and that would affect your mood and how you handle your children too. So screw "diet". I ate at 10pm, then wallahhhh... my mood improved immediately. By right, if I had eaten on time, it would be a healthy diet as it would give time for the food to digest before I went to bed. Lesson learned.
And my conclusion from this lesson? Hubby knows me better than I know myself. Wahahaha.
Our evening cycle/walk/stroll

No comments:
Post a Comment