Two weeks ago, both my daughters fell sick. Tricia was down with high fever on Thursday so we came home from work and brought her straight to the nearest clinic. Luckily we got the "insert" medicine because her fever shot up in the middle of the night. That same night, Haziqa couldn't stop crying. Initially, I thought she was just being cranky. She cried non-stop until I couldn't take it anymore and I passed her over to her father. My husband... sleepily... took the baby, turn on the lights and remove Haziqa's shirt and found the problem in 10 seconds. Her body was red all over and she was crying because it was very itchy for her. T_T poor baby. Mummy didn't think of that at all. I put her expensive QV lotion for sensitive skin (because she has eczema. Don't know where/who she got it from.) all over her and rub her to sleep. Only after that she managed to sleep.
Having very little sleep that night, I asked my boss whether I could take EL the next day, which I did. Brought the kids to their paed in Seremban and Haziqa got a cream for her fungal infection on her skin. Then both of them had to use the nebulizer for their phlegm. Tricia was weak the whole Friday and since she didn't recover on Saturday, my mom agreed that it was time to take the antibiotic that was given to us earlier. Only after that, she returned to her normal active self. Phew... what a long weekend that was to me.
I was on regular leave on Monday because it was Tricia's first day at her kindergarten. My husband, my mom and I went to send her off on her very first day. She didn't cry, which was expected because when I brought her over to survey for schools earlier, she seemed excited and eager to start school. She looked worried to be left behind but after I explained to her that we will pick her up, she put on a brave face and went on.
Oh, she was toilet train (during the day) for about a week when she started school (YEAY, FINALLY) so she refused to wear pampers to school. "Pagi pakai spentot, malam pakai pampers" she would say. But her father was worried she's still not comfortable with the teachers that she might have some "accidents" later so before I left her, I brought her over to the toilet and explained to her the situation. She let me put the pampers on and went on to join her classmates.

No comments:
Post a Comment