Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Back to work

Hey people. I am back at work now. Hello computer and internet connection. First day back, both baby and I were doing fine UNTIL I tried to call home during lunch time. Both Kak Ina and Abby were still asleep and out of the blue I just cried thinking of my baby. No, I was not worried. I just missed her so much! When Abby tweeted pic of my Tricia and Kak Ina called back to let me "talk" to her, it made me miss her ever more.
Came home from work on the second day, Tricia was still sleeping. Apparently she had been sleeping the whole day. Tried to wake her up but she just made so much noise that after we fed her, we let her sleep again. Came home from dinner around midnight and there she was, eyes wide open. Around 1.30am, I was already too tired to play with her so I asked hubby to take over. Apparently, he was just as tired so he passed the "baton" to abby, my beloved sis-in-law. When I woke up the next morning, I panicked when I saw Tricia's empty babycot. Found her sleeping in the guestroom with Abby. Tonight, no matter what time she sleeps, I will take care of her. I must.
Been reading an article on babycenter today and I would love to highlight some interesting quotes.
1)Note: It's impossible to "spoil" a baby with love, attention, and affection, says Emma Adam, a developmental psychologist at Northwestern University. When you comfort your child, you're building a foundation of trust and affection that will last a lifetime. 
2) "It seems contradictory, but the more security you give your child, the more independent she can become," says Adam, the Northwestern University psychologist.

No comments: